Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Popcorn with Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate candy coating
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, corn syrup, cinnamon extract and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Pour the corn syrup mixture on top of popcorn and stir to coat.
- Next sprinkle the sugar evenly over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Lay the popcorn on one large parchment-lined baking sheet (or two small ones). Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating per the instructions.
- Drizzle on top of the popcorn to the desired amount. Let harden and serve.
I prefer to pop my own popcorn for this snack, but when time is short and I use purchased popped popcorn.