Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwich
- glazed doughnuts
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate magic shell
- Slice the doughnuts in half, like a hamburger bun.
- Scoop out a generous amount of ice cream into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 8 seconds. This is to soften the ice cream.
- With a spoon form the ice cream into generous scoopable amounts. Place the ice cream onto the bottom piece of the doughnut bun. Spread evenly. Top with the other half of the doughnut bun.
- Place in the freezer on a cookie sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pour the magic shell into a bowl. Remove the doughnut ice cream sandwich from the freezer and dip one side (or both) into the chocolate syrup. Place back into the freezer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve cold
Measures are not included in this recipe because the amount needed is up to you. Get creative with the type of doughnut and ice cream selected. Sprinkles or chocolate chips are fun additions. For this recipe I went with the basic glazed donut and vanilla ice cream. If you store the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for more than a few hours, microwave them for a few seconds before serving. This recipe along with three other “State Fair Inspired” recipes are available in The Dallas Morning News (click here for more recipes).