- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup of your favorite Texas whiskey, TX, Rebecca Creek, Balcones, etc
- 3 12 ounce bottles hard honey cider, I prefer Austin East Ciders
- 1 1/2 cups dry Spanish red wine, I prefer Aroa Jauna
- 1 apple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 orange, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Add the sugar, orange extract, bitters and water into a large pitcher or bowl. Whisk well and set aside for 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the fruit into the sugar water.
- Pour the whiskey, cider and wine over the fruit. Stir well and place in the fridge.
- Let the sangria marinate for at least 8 hours before serving. Pour the sangria over ice cubes and serve cold.
Feel free to substitute bourbon for whiskey.