Apple Tea Punch
- 4 cups apple cider, or apple juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 cardamom pod
- 3-4 family sized tea bags
- 1 orange, halved and sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- In a large saucepan combine the cider, water, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom pod. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and then lower the heat (to low) to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea bags to the mixture. Steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags. Let the mixture cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the orange slices and apple pieces to a large pitcher. Pour the punch over the fruit and place in the fridge. Let marinate for 6 hours.
- Serve chilled with ice and apple slices.
If you’re craving something a little warm instead of cold, follow these steps once the fruit has marinated with the tea: remove the punch from the fridge, strain the fruit from the liquid and heat the liquid until warm. If you’re serving to a large party, heat the punch in a crockpot and serve warm. If you prefer a stronger tea flavor, use 4 tea bags. A splash of rum or bourbon would be a nice spirit to add to this elixir.