This recipe is easily doubled. If a more sugary lemonade is desired, add more sugar to taste while the lemonade is being warmed. This lemonade can also be served chilled.
- 5 ounces of fresh lemon juice, juice from about 4 ½ to 5 lemons
- 7 ounces of fresh orange juice, juice from about 1 to 2 oranges
- 1 1/4 cups simple syrup, recipe below
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cardamom pods
- Place the lemon juice, orange juice, simple syrup, water, salt and cardamom into a saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until the cardamom is fragrant and the lemonade warm. Remove the cardamom pods from the lemonade.
- Ladle the warmed Cardamom Lemonade into mugs and serve immediately or place into the fridge to serve chilled. Store any unused lemonade in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- for the Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Heat through and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and use as directed.