The foundation of this recipe (softened butter and salt) is an excellent base with which to experiment. If serving Italian food combine chopped garlic, chopped parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest to the softened butter. If desiring something more sweet omit the salt, add sugar and orange zest to the softened butter. Be adventurous and have fun with it.
- ears of corn, with the husks on
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the butter, lime juice, salt, cilantro and garlic into in a small bowl and stir to combine. The ingredients can also be placed into a food processor and pulsed until well combined.
- Place the corn into the grill and close the lid. Cook through, about 20 to 30 minutes minutes depending on your grill.
- Remove the corn from the grill and pull down the husks. Add a hearty amount of butter to each ear of corn and thoroughly coat. Serve warm.