Hatch Chile Dip
If you cannot find fresh Hatch green chiles, use Anaheim or Poblano chiles. Canned green chiles will also work with this recipe, but they will not yield the same flavor as fresh chiles.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Hatch green chiles (canned also works), chopped (roasted and peeled, click here for instructions)
- 1 .4 -ounce ranch dip dressing packet
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a skillet add the canola oil, Hatch chiles and salt. Stir well. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- Stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch dip. Cover and place into the fridge.
- Once the Hatch chiles have cooled, add them to the sour cream mixture and stir well. Cover the dip and place into the fridge. Let chill for at least 3 hours before serving.