Cabbage and Onion Couscous
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and more for the couscous
- Greek yogurt
- chopped cilantro
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, or until barely softened. Next, add the cabbage and kosher salt, turn to coat well with the oil. Cook the cabbage for about 5 to 8 minutes or until softened (but still maintains a slight crunch).
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packages instructions. However, use the bouillon cube to flavor the water used to cook the couscous.
- Once the couscous is cooked, add the red wine vinegar and a splash of extra-virgin olive oil, stir well. Next, add the cabbage and onion to the couscous. Salt to taste and serve with a side of Greek yogurt topped with chopped cilantro.
This recipe is easily doubled.