Coconut Citrus Chicken
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, rough chopped, plus more for topping
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 pounds bone-in, skin on chicken pieces (I prefer half drumsticks an half chicken thighs)
- canola oil
- In a large bowl mix the coconut milk, lime juice, orange juice, red pepper flakes, ginger, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, cilantro and garlic cloves. Mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, and stir to coat and mix well. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, up to 12 hours.
- 30 minutes before roasting remove the chicken from the fridge and pat dry. Drizzle a bit of oil on top of the chicken and sprinkle with a pinch or two of kosher salt.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a foiled-lined baking sheet. Place the chicken into the oven and roast for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm.