Mini Gruyere and Shallot Frittatas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shallot, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup gruyere, grated
- 2 tablespoons cream, or whole milk
- lemon zest, for topping (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped, for topping (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Place the eggs, salt, dijon, gruyere, sautéed shallots and cream into a medium size bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Butter the inside of six small ramekins. Fill each ramekin 3/4 of the way full with the egg mixture.
- Place ramekins onto a rimmed baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs are puffy and baked all the way through.
- Top with lemon zest and fresh parsley. Serve warm.
If you want to omit the sautéed shallots in butter, feel free to do so. It saves time and does not affect the overall outcome of the frittatas.