Pea and Prosciutto Crostini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup leeks, thinly sliced (about 1 to 2 leeks)
- 3 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 8 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto, cut or torn in half
- french baguette, sliced into thin pieces
- fresh lemon zest
- Over medium heat melt the butter in small skillet and continue to cook until its browned. Add the garlic clove to the browned butter and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the leeks, celery and salt to the skillet and continue to cook, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to a boil. Add the peas to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Drain the water from the peas and place the peas into a food processor.
- Add the crème fraiche and the cooked vegetables to the peas. Puree the veggies to your desired consistency.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the slices of bread.
- Place two pieces of prosciutto on each slice of bread, spread a large dollop of pea puree atop the meat and then top with fresh lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.