Leftover Roasted Turkey Soup
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups turkey stock, or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone
- cooked egg noodles, optional topping
- In a large sauce pan combine onions, carrots and salt. Cook over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook till soft.
- Add turkey, peas and mascarpone, stir well. Heat through until the mascarpone is fully melted and incorporated into soup. Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
This recipe is really a Leftover Thanksgiving Soup. It contains potatoes, peas, carrots, onions and cooked turkey– everything that will be easy to find in your kitchen after a Thanksgiving feast. Feel free to substitute the mascarpone with creamed cheese or heavy cream. Feel free to use leftover roasted chicken instead of turkey. Use your favorite gluten-free noodle to make this soup gluten-free. Click here for braised turkey recipe.