Tomato Herb Salad with Buttery Croutons
Use your favorite variety of tomatoes. For the best croutons use a quality salted butter.
- 5 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups French baguette, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons quality salted butter
Add the tomatoes, mint, basil and tarragon into a large bowl. Toss with the vinegar, olive oil and salt. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Add the butter to a medium skillet. Melt over medium heat. Add the baguette pieces and stir to coat. Brown the baguettes over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently to evenly brown the bread.
Right before service, plate the salad and top with croutons. Serve immediately.