Roasted Pork Loin with Brandy Cream Sauce
3 pounds pork loin roast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cup orange juice
juice of 1 lime
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
3 sage leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For the brandy cream sauce
1/4 cup brandy
1 1/2 cup reduced marinade
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
for the pork loin
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, rosemary, sage and dry mustard into a large bowl and mix well. Place the pork loin into the bowl and massage the marinade into the roast. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least eight hours or overnight.
- An hour before cooking, remove the pork loin from the refrigerator to allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees. In a heavy bottomed skilled heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry (make sure it is dried well, or you will not get a good brown on the roast). When the oil begins to smoke, add the pork loin. Brown both sides for three to four minutes each.
- Place the pork loin into the oven and cook for about 65-75 minutes, or until the center reaches 145 degrees.
- Place the remaining marinade into a small sauce pan and bring to boil. Reduce for five minutes and remove from heat. Reserve one cup for the the brandy cream sauce.
- Once the pork loin is cooked, remove it from the oven, set aside on a plate and cover tightly with foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes. While the meat rests, make the sauce.
for the brandy cream sauce
- Meanwhile, heat the same skillet you roasted the pork in on medium heat. Add the brandy and with a wooden spoon, scrape up all the brown bits off the skillet. Let it simmer for 30 seconds. Then add the reduced marinade to the brandy and bring to full boil, cook for about three minutes, or unt
- Reduce the heat to low and bring the sauce to a low simmer. Once the temperature has dropped, add the butter and stir. Once the butter has melted add the cream. Stir and heat through. Salt to taste