Smoked Salmon Puff Pastries
Author note: This recipe makes a good amount of leftover smoked salmon mixture. Add about a ¼ cup (or more) of sour cream and a hearty spoonful or two of the horseradish dipping sauce and it becomes a smoked salmon dip. Please note that two large baking sheets are needed for this recipe due to the amount of puff pastries that are being made. This recipes makes around 18-24 appetizers.
8 ounces smoked salmon
8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 small shallot
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup sour cream
2 packages of prepared puff pastries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor puree all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Roll out the chilled puff pastry on a floured work surface and cut the puff pastry into equal sized squares per these instructions.
- Spoon the the smoked salmon mixture onto the pastry, following the previously linked video instructions, and seal accordingly
- Place the filled and sealed pastries on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the pastries on a cooling rack. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with horseradish dipping sauce (click here for recipe).