Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Author note: Two mixing bowls are required for this recipe.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon paprika
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped chives
1 pound shrimp
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl place 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika and the lemon zest. Stir well to combine
- In a second medium sized bowl place 1 tablespoon of of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, juice of 1 lemon and the chives. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the first bowl (the bowl without the chives) and turn the shrimp several times to coat.
- Pour the shrimp mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the shrimp out into an even single layer.
- Place the shrimp into the oven and cook until pink, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and with a slotted spoon place the cooked shrimp into the second bowl.
- Turn the shrimp several times to coat well. This dish is delicious topped with a crumbly cheese and served warm with black bean puree. However it is also a tasty dish served cold with chilled avocado and cucumber soup.