Roasted Beets and Radishes with Goat Cheese
3 cups beets, peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups radishes, sliced (save the leaves)
juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for topping
1/4 cup chopped radish leaves, plus more for topping
2 ounces goat cheese, plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the beets with the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss the radishes in the same medium-sized bowl with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- After the beets have cooked for 20 minutes, add the radishes to the baking sheet. Stir well to coat with olive oil and incorporate with the beets.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spritz the vegetables with lime juice and vinegar. Then add the cilantro and radish leaves. Stir.
- Transfer the vegetables into the medium-sized bowl, add the goat cheese and stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with additional leaves and goat cheese.