1/2 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups water
6 cups turkey stock (or chicken stock)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
3 cups potatoes, diced
1 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
3 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces (click here for recipe)
3 tablespoons mascarpone
gougères, optional topping (click here for recipe)
cooked egg noodles, optional topping
- In a large sauce pan combine onions, carrots and salt. Cook over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook till soft.
- Add turkey, peas and mascarpone, stir well. Heat through until the mascarpone is fully melted and incorporated into soup.
- Serve warm with gougères or over cooked egg noodles.