Spicy Garlic Shrimp Tacos
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon paprika
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 pound shrimp
chopped cilantro, for toppings
sliced radishes, for toppings
queso fresco, for toppings
lime wedges, for toppings
sour cream, for toppings
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl place 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika and the lemon zest. Stir well to combine
- In a second medium sized bowl place 1 tablespoon of of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, juice of 1 lemon and the chives. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the first bowl (the bowl without the chives) and turn the shrimp several times to coat.
- Pour the shrimp mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the shrimp out into an even single layer.
- Place the shrimp into the oven and cook until pink, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and with a slotted spoon place the cooked shrimp into the second bowl.
- Turn the shrimp several times to coat well.
- Warm the tortillas, in the microwave, on the stove top or in the oven.
- Once the tortillas are warmed, add the shrimp, chopped cilantro, sliced radishes and queso fresco. Top with a spritz of fresh lime juice. Salt to taste.