New York Strip Steaks with Crispy Potatoes and Parsley Sauce
for the parsley sauce
1 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
for the steak and potatoes
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 inch wedges
1/4 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper
2 (1 pound) boneless strip steaks, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches thick, trimmed and halved crosswise
- For the parsley sauce: Process all ingredients in food processor until finely chopped and well combined, about 20 seconds; set aside for serving.
- For the steak and potatoes: Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Cover and microwave, stirring occasionally until potatoes begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes; drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Lay steaks in skillet and cook until well browned on first side, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip steaks, reduce heat to medium and cook until meat registers 120 to 125 degrees (for medium rare), 5 t0 7 minutes. Transfer steaks to cutting board, tent with aluminum foil and let rest while finishing potatoes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to now-empty skillet and heat over medium heat until shimmering. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Slice steak into 1/2-inch-thick slices, drizzle with sauce and serve with potatoes.