Green Chile Tequila Chicken Thighs
Hatch green chile tomatillo tequila marinade (see recipe below)
extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh cilantro, chopped
- Make the marinade and reserve 1 1/2 cups for later use.
- Place the chicken into a container and cover with the marinade. Cover the container and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Thirty minutes before roasting, take the chicken from the fridge. Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle the thighs with olive oil and evenly distribute the salt on the thighs.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast the chicken for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degree (if the tops of the chicken began to burn while roasting, cover them with a piece of foil).
- Remove from the oven, top with reserved marinade and chopped cilantro.
for the hatch green chile tomatillo tequila marinade
2 cups roasted Hatch green chiles, peeled and seeded
1 1/2-2 cups tomatillos, rough chopped
1 bunch cilantro (bottom stems removed)
1 cup scallions, rough chopped
1 garlic clove, quartered
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
5 tablespoons Mexican crema
1 tablespoon tequila
juice of 1 lime
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse to the desired consistency.