Cinnamon Marshmallow Pumpkin Bake
15 ounce can pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
zest of 1 orange
ginger snap pie crust (see recipe below)
5 teaspoons cinnamon sugar (see recipe below)
10 ounce bag of marshmallows (medium-sized)
- Set the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the pumpkin, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, cloves and cinnamon with an electric mixer.
- Continue to mix and add the eggs one at a time.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, half and half and orange zest. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the spiced pumpkin mixture on top of the ginger snap crust and place into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the marshmallows in half and place in a bowl. Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar on top of the marshmallows. Stir well to coat. Set aside.
- Remove the pumpkin dip from the oven. Evenly space the marshmallows on top of the pumpkin mixture. Evenly sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar on top of the marshmallows and pumpkin mixture.
- Place back into the oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the pumpkin mixture is cooked through and the marshmallows are golden (total bake time is 45 minutes).
for the ginger snap pie crust
3 1/2 cups ginger snaps
1 stick and 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a food processor blitz the ginger snaps.
- While the processor is running, add the butter in a steady stream (the amount used will vary depending on the type of ginger snap used). The entire amount of butter may not be used. Use as much butter as needed until the ginger snap crumbs stick together.
- Remove the crust mixture and place into the pan. Evenly distribute the mixture on the bottom of the pan by pressing with fingertips.
- Place in the freezer for one hour.
for the cinnamon sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Place the sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the cinnamon stick into the cinnamon sugar. Store in an airtight container.