Slow Cooker Red Wine Flank Steak
3 pounds flank steak
3 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 cup dry red wine (Pinot Noir or Chianti)
1 cup beef stock
1 can unsalted diced tomatoes (juices included)
1 large shallot, peeled and halved
1 fresh bay leaf, torn into four pieces
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Evenly distribute 3 teaspoons of salt on both sides of the steak. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the slow cooker combine the wine, beef stock, diced tomatoes, shallot, bay leaves, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Stir well to combine.
- Nestle the steak into the slow cooker. Make sure the liquid is barely covering the top of the steak. If necessary, add additional beef stock to cover the meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the meat and let cool. Store in an airtight container with all the pan sauce.