Instant Pot Lamb Chops with Creamed Cauliflower
3 pounds lamb chops
3 teaspoon kosher salt
3-4 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
1 rosemary sprig
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted buttered
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup beef stock
1 shallot, peeled and halved
creamed cauliflower, recipe below
pickled red onions, optional topping
- Thirty minutes before cooking, remove the lamb chops from the fridge and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute the salt and rosemary leaves on both sides of the lamb chops.
- Add the olive oil and butter into the Instant Pot. Set the sauté feature to 12 minutes.
- Brown the lamb chops, one minute per side in batches of three.
- Once all lamb chops have been browned, add the tomato paste and shallot. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the tomato paste is browned. Stir frequently.
- Deglaze with the beef stock.
- Add lamb chops and their juices to the Instant Pot. Cover and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, release pressure immediately.
- Place the lamb chops on top of creamed cauliflower, top with pan sauce and pickled red onions.
for the creamed cauliflower
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 celery stalk, quartered
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup milk (or less depending on the size of the cauliflower)
3/4 tablespoon cream
1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped
- Place the cauliflower, celery, garlic and chicken stock in a saucepan. Then, add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and then add the butter, salt, milk and cream. Using an immersion blender (or food processor or blender), puree the cauliflower mixture until it is creamy and smooth. Stir in the celery leaves.