1 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 cup water
- Place the sugar and water into a small saucepan, and make a simple syrup. Cook on low heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Combine the vanilla and salt into the simple syrup. Stir well.
- Place the cocoa powder into a large bowl. In three batches, whisk the simple syrup into the cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Strain the cocoa mixture back into the pan. Add corn syrup and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the stovetop and bring to room temperature. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge, up to three weeks.