Grilled Prosciutto, Spinach and Burrata Pizza
Author note: I find that using a pizza peel makes the process of cooking pizza a lot easier.
tomato sauce (see recipe below)
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface according to the instructions. Place a thin layer of tomato sauce and mozzarella onto the top of the pizza.
- Place the pizza stones onto the grill (or oven). Heat the grill (or oven) to 500 degrees. Place the pizza onto the stones and close the lid. Grill for about 4 minutes, or until the crust begins to brown (be sure to monitor the bottom of the pizza, it can burn quickly).
- Top the pizza with small bite-sized portions of prosciutto. Return the pizza to the grill and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat once again and add a handful of spinach. Place back onto the grill and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and add the burrata onto the pizza. Serve immediately.
for the tomato sauce
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place all ingredients into a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week or the freezer for 3 months.