Coconut-Lime Chicken Kebabs
1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 bunch of cilantro, rough chopped, plus more for topping
5 garlic cloves, crushed
3 pounds chicken, cut into bite-sized cubes
2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large onion (or two small onions), cut into bite-sized pieces
4 large jalapenos, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling
- In a large bowl mix the coconut milk, lime juice, red pepper flakes, ginger, salt, cilantro and garlic cloves. Mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, and stir to coat and mix well. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, up to 12 hours.
- 30 minutes before assembling the kebabs, soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Heat the grill to 375-425 degrees or medium-high heat.
- Assemble the kebabs using the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and chicken pieces. I prefer 4 pieces of meat to each kebab with an assortment of vegetables. Place the assembled kebabs on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle canola oil and a bit of salt over each kebab.
- Grill the kebabs between 10-14 minutes, turning the skewers every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Top with fresh lime juice and cilantro.