Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken White Bean Soup
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 cup shallots (or onion), diced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound great northern beans, soaked overnight and drained
4 rosemary sprigs
8 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 bay leaf, torn into four pieces
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- Tie two pairs of rosemary sprigs with kitchen twine. Set aside.
- Add the oil, garlic, shallots, carrots, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 pair of rosemary sprigs into the Instant Pot. Using the sauté feature, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the garlic cloves and rosemary.
- Add the beans to the Instant Pot. Stir to coat with the rosemary infused oil.
- Add the water, chicken stock, rosemary sprigs (the second tied pair) bay leaf and red pepper flakes to the beans. Stir well to combine.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and using the soup feature, cook the bean soup for 7 minutes.
- After the seven minutes of cook time, turn off the Instant Pot. Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes release any remaining pressure. Once the pressure is released, remove the lid. Stir in the red wine vinegar and chicken.
- Wait five minutes and serve warm with crusty bread.