Everything But the Bagel Popcorn
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup corn kernels
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3-4 teaspoons Everything But the Bagel seasoning
1 paper towel
- Place the oil and 3 corn kernels into a large sauce pan. Cook over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating up, get a large bowl and cut the butter into four cubes.
- Once all three kernels have popped, extract them from the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining kernels. Leave off of the heat for 30 seconds, but keep the burner on.
- Place the lid onto the sauce pan slightly tilted up to allow air to pass through. Place back on the stovetop and begin to move the pan back and forth on the burner. Continue to move the pan steadily on the burner until most of the kernels have popped and the amount of time between pops has slowed down (about 2 to 3 seconds).
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, reduce the heat to low and with the paper towel, wipe out the leftover bits of kernels from the sauce pan (I use a set of tongs to hold the paper towel).
- Place the saucepan back on the burner. Add the butter to the saucepan and melt.
- Pour the butter over the popcorn in two batches, fluffing the popcorn after each pour. Top with the Everything But the Bagel seasoning, fluff one more time. Salt and season to taste.