Speculoos Cookie Butter Thumb Print Cookies
Have fun with the toppings for this cookie. I went with pecans, but sprinkles, chocolate candy or even cookie crumbles would be a delicious option.
Servings: 48 cookies
- 1 container of 24 pre-formed sugar cookie dough balls
- Speculoos cookie butter
- roasted pecans, optional
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cookie dough balls in half and place, flat side down, onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the cookies into the oven and cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Working quickly, remove the sheet pan from the oven and using the back of the spoon, gently make an indention in the center of each cookie. Let cool for 3 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Let the cookies continue to cool for an additional 10 minutes. Fill each indention with the cookie butter. If desired, top the cookie butter with pecans. Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container.