Quick Pickled Shredded Carrots
Don’t fret if the carrots are not completely submerged in the pickle brine. During the marinading process the carrots will relax and eventually be submerged. Feel free to press down on the carrots with a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon. The mustard seed and fresh dill are optional ingredients.
- 1 10- oz bag shredded carrots
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, optional
- 1 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard seed, optional
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp honey
- Place the carrots and dill into a large shallow bowl. Place the vinegar, water, salt, mustard seed, red pepper flakes and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the brine over the carrots and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes. Let cool for another 10 minutes. Stir and serve warm or cover and place into the fridge to chill.