Red, White and Blue Cheese Waffle Fries
The best pan to heat frozen fries on is not a sheet pan, but a mesh pizza pan. If you do not have a mesh pizza pan, a sheet pan will also work. The blue cheese sauce recipe is easily doubled (or tripled!). This recipe would also be tasty with French fries.
- 1 28 oz bag of waffle fries, seasoned or unseasoned
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- favorite hot sauce, Cholula, chili garlic sauce, sriracha, etc.
- Cook the waffle fries per the instructions.
- Meanwhile, while the fries are cooking, combine the blue cheese and cream into a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until the blue cheese is melted, about 4 to 5 minutes. In small batches, whisk in the corn starch and continue to keep warm until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and top with drizzles of blue cheese sauce and your favorite hot sauce. Serve immediately.