Basil-Orange Sherry Vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 2 shallots, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- zest of 1 orange
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium sized bowl, add the garlic, shallot and salt. Muddle until a rough paste is formed.
- Combine the vinegar, orange zest, orange juice and stir well. Slowly add the oil to the mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
This vinaigrette pairs deliciously with the Arugula Manchego Orange Salad (click here for recipe). Also, this recipe is make-head friendly. It will stay in the fridge for a little over a week.