Lemon-Ginger Tea Granita
- 4 cups chilled brewed tea
- 1 cup lemon-ginger simple syrup, see below for recipe link
- mint leaves, torn into pieces
- Place all ingredients into a long glass pyrex and stir to combine. Place in the freezer, and every 30 to 45 minutes scrape with a fork until broken up. (About 3 to 4 hours)
- Continue this process until the tea is slushy. Place in individual glasses, top with mint pieces and serve cold.
This recipe is also tasty unfrozen, served on ice as sweet tea. Also note, be sure to set a timer to remind yourself to scrape the granita. It can turn rock hard very quickly. Click here for lemon-ginger simple syrup recipe.