Pickled Red Onions
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red onions, halved and sliced
- Combine the vinegar, water, salt and sugar into a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Place the red pepper flakes, garlic cloves and red onions into a large canning jar. Pour the vinegar mixture over the onions and bring to room temperature. Seal with a lid and store in the fridge.