- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup leeks, finely chopped (white part only)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda, shredded
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup mild cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces jarred pimentos, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt taste
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Cook the leeks and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Place on a paper towel lined plate to dry and cool.
- Place the smoked gouda, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, pimentos, paprika and garlic powder into a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine. Once the leeks and bell pepper have slightly cooled, add them to the pimento cheese mixture.
- Stir and taste. Add salt according to preference. Place in fridge.
- Serve in sandwiches or as a dip.
This recipes uses a combination of mild cheddar and smoked gouda. If you are not a fan of smoked gouda, simply do not use it and use additional mild cheddar cheese. To learn how to easily seed a bell pepper click here. Add the salt at the every end. The saltiness will differ depending on the mayonnaise and type of cheese used. To save time, omit the first step and use diced onion instead of leeks in the pimento cheese mixture.