Roasted Caesar Salad
- 2 bunches broccolini, leaves removed and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into medium-sized wedges
- 1 large leak, white part only rough chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- creamy Caesar dressing
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the broccolini, cabbage and leaks onto a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Evenly distribute the olive oil and salt over the vegetables. Cover the baking sheet with foil, sealing the sides well.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 425 degrees and remove the foil cover. Continue to cook for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are browned. The last 15 minutes of cooking add the green onions.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for five minutes. Add parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing to taste. Serve warm or cold.
This salad is intended to be served as a “fork and knife” salad; similar to a Wedge Salad.