Gin and Grand Marnier
- 5 dashes of angostura bitters
- 1/2 ounce grand marnier
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup, see below for recipe
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 mint leaf
- Place the bitters into a glass.
- Add grand marnier, simple syrup and gin into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake.
- Pour over ice and then top with lime juice and mint leaf. Stir and serve chilled.
for simple syrup
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water into a small saucepan. Heat on low and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat and bring to room temperature. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.