Gochujang Chicken Pizza
For a sheet pan pizza or 2 14-inch pizzas use 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken and a little more than 1/3 cup of gochujang sauce. If your oven has convection capability, convect bake at 550 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Click here for an easy homemade pizza dough.
- pizza dough, click above for recipe link
- white sauce, see recipe below
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup gochujang chicken, divided, see recipe below
- shredded mozzarella
- gochujang sauce, see recipe below
- chopped fresh cilantro or basil to top
- Heat the oven to 550 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pizza dough to fit the size of a 12-inch pizza pan. Add a few spoonfuls of white sauce to the dough and evenly spread. Then top the white sauce with a small handful of parmesan cheese.
- Evenly distribute 3/4 cup of the gochujang chicken. Top with the desired amount of mozzarella.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove and drizzle with gochujang sauce and cilantro or basil. Repeat these steps with the second dough ball.
- Salt to taste and serve warm.
for the White Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallot, rough chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- In food processor, puree 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 cup shallots and pinch of red pepper flakes until the cream is thickened and slightly fluffy, about 1 minute. Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 5 days.
for the Gochujang Sauce
- In a medium size bowl, stir together 1/4 cup gochujang, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoon honey and 1/4 cup soy sauce until well combined. Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to two weeks.
for the Gochujang Chicken
- In a medium-sized bowl combine 1 1/2 cup chopped rotisserie chicken and 1/3 cup gochujang sauce together. Stir until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Use as directed.