Dark Chocolate-Coconut Milk Pudding
This is a gluten, dairy and egg free dessert. If you can’t find whipped coconut cream, use a variety that best suits your dietary needs.
- 2 13.6 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- orange slices
- whipped coconut cream
- In a large saucepan combine the coconut milk, coconut cream, salt and orange extract. Cook over medium-low heat until simmering, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add the cornstarch, cocoa powder and sugar into a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the warmed coconut milk mixture. Do this in slow steady stream until all the milk mixture is used. Whisk thoroughly until there are no lumps of cornstarch and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly. Simmer until the mixture is thick about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place into individual serving bowls or into a serving bowl. Let cool for 10 minutes, cover and then place into the fridge to chill. Serve cold topped with whipped coconut cream and slices of orange.