Pumpkin Phyllo Shells
Have fun with the toppings you choose to serve with the Phyllo Pumpkin Shells. Feel free to add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to the pumpkin filling.
- 1 15- ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 packages phyllo shells
- chopped pecans, for topping
- chocolate chips, for topping
- mini marshmallows, for topping
- crumbled vanilla cookies, for topping
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the pumpkin, syrup, sugar, orange extract, vanilla, salt and butter into a small saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Once the butter is melted, stir in the heavy cream. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, heat the phyllo cups. Place the phyllo shells onto a sheet pan. Place into the oven and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Fill the phyllo cups with the pumpkin. Serve warm or at room temperature with the pecans, chips, marshmallows and cookies. Allow the diners to top their Phyllo Pumpkin Shells with the desired treats.