- 16 ounces strawberries, caps removed and halved
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons orange liqueur, I use Grand Marnier
- Place strawberries, sugar, orange juice, Grand Marnier into a bowl. Toss to combine. Place inside fridge to chill, about 3-4 hours.
- Once the mixture is cold and the strawberries have released some of their juices, puree the strawberry mixture in a food processor or blender.
- Place a spoonful of strawberry puree into the bottom of serving glasses. Top with prosecco and stir. Serve immediately.
Be sure to taste the strawberry mixture once it’s pureed. If the strawberries need a bit more sugar, add one teaspoon at a time and continue to puree to incorporate. The sweetness of the strawberry will depend on its ripeness. Feel free to use thawed frozen strawberries.