Tomatillo Peach Gazpacho
Peaches can be easily peeled with a vegetable peeler. Note that this recipe requires a 24-hour cold set in the fridge to develop flavor and texture. Serving this soup before this 24-hour period is over will result in an underdeveloped gazpacho.
- 1 lb tomatillos, paper peels removed and quartered
- 2 peaches, about 3/4 lb, peeled and quartered
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups baguette, crusts removed and cubed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fresh peaches, sliced or diced, for topping
- fresh mint, for topping
- In a food processor or a blender, blitz the tomatillos, peaches, cucumber, cilantro, serrano, onion, baguette, salt, agave and lime juice. Once combined and with the food processor still running, pour in the olive oil. Continue to blitz until the gazpacho is smooth or to your desired consistency.
- Pour the gazpacho into an airtight container and store in the fridge for 24 hours. Serve cold topped with diced peaches and mint.