Prosciutto and Greens Skillet Flatbread
Seek out quality pizza dough for this recipe. Good yeasty dough will result in a more delicious flatbread experience. I prefer to purchase pizza dough at my local bakery. Call ahead to make sure they have dough available to purchase. Also, spreadable sheep’s milk cheese is also a delicious cheese to use. If you are a perfectionist, feel free to attempt perfectly shaped flatbreads. I tend to err on the side of ease and time, which means I don’t mind a misshapen flatbread. To each their own.
- store bought pizza dough
- spreadable goat cheese
- prosciutto, slices torn into two to three pieces
- arugula and spinach mix, rough chopped
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, flour a work surface and roll out small portions of the dough into preferred shape (circle, rectangle, shapeless).
- Once the skillet is evenly heated, place one rolled out dough into the skillet and heat 1 1/2 minutes per side (or until the dough is cooked and browned). Set aside. Continue this process until all dough pieces are cooked.
- Spread the goat cheese onto the flatbread. Top with slices of prosciutto and greens. Serve warm or at room temperature.