Arugula Olive Salad with Tahini Dressing
Tomatoes, if in season, would be a great addition to this salad. For a bit of heat, add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes to the Tahini Dijon Dressing. Keep in mind that not all Dijon tastes the same or have the same amount of salt content. For this dressing, use the Dijon you prefer to create the most appealing result.
- fresh dill, chopped
- chopped kalamata olives
- Persian cucumbers, sliced
- Tahini Dijon Dressing, see the recipe below
for the Tahini Dijon Dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of half 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl add the fresh dill, olives and cucumbers (if using). Top with the arugula and the Tahini Dijon Dressing. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
for the Tahini Dressing
- In a medium sized bowl combine the balsamic, Dijon, tahini, lemon juice and kosher salt. Whisk to combine. Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture starting with a few drops and then a steady stream. Whisk constantly until the dressing is combined.