Sometimes photos are better than words and in this instance I believe that is the case. I hope you enjoy this collection of photographs from the recipe development of Asparagus, Radish and Bacon Frittata.
Also, thank you to Pampered Chef for letting me try out the new 12-inch nonstick skillet (plus some great utensils). It cooks like a dream.
You can find the recipe for this spring frittata below.
Asparagus, Radish and Bacon Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces (be sure to remove ends before dicing)
- 1 cup radishes, halved and sliced
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the eggs, salt, cream and cheese into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet cook the bacon over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and place on a paper-towel lined plate. Pour out the remaining bacon grease, leaving one tablespoon of grease in the skillet. Place the skillet back on the heat.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Once the butter is melted, add the asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally
- Add the radishes to the skillet and stir well. Let cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and stir well to combine the vegetables, bacon and egg mixture. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until the frittata is cooked all the way through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.