Baked Chicken Tinga Tacos
Servings: 6 people
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the canola oil, cumin, salt, oregano and chili powder into a large skillet. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic and tomato paste. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Decrease the heat to low. Place the shredded chicken into the skillet and stir until the meat is coated with the mixture. Immediately remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken into the tortillas. Top the chicken with cheese. Secure the tacos with a toothpick. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and meat warmed through.
- Place under the broiler until browned and crisped to preference. Serve warm.