Green Chile Chicken Baked Tacos
If you do not have access to freshly roasted Hatch green chiles, canned Hatch chiles will also work.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 12 ounces roasted Hatch green chiles, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, place the canola oil, onion, Hatch chiles, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Place the shredded chicken into the skillet and stir until the meat is coated with the mixture. Immediately remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken into the tortillas. Top the chicken with cheese. Secure the tacos with a toothpick. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and meat warmed through.
- Place under the broiler until browned and crisped to preference. Top with cilantro and serve warm with a side of sour cream and lime wedges.