Baked Lemon-Herb Salmon
- 1 shallot or a quarter of a small white onion
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, slightly packed
- 15 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon, cut into 5 fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- zest of 3-4 lemons
- fresh lemon juice, for topping
- Place the shallot, basil, parsley and olive oil into a food processor. Blitz until ingredients are roughly chopped. Scrape the sides once or twice while blitzing.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and place on a foil-lined rimmed sheet pan. Evenly distribute 1/2 teaspoon salt and lemon zest on the salmon fillets. Add a layer of mayonnaise on each fillet, be sure to coat the top and sides. Then top the salmon with the herb mixture. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the salmon into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon reaches 145 degrees. Remove from the heat, top with fresh lemon juice and serve warm. Salt to taste.
Add a pound or two of trimmed asparagus tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and salt to the baking sheet to make this a “sheet pan dinner.”