Blue Cheese Steak Nachos
There are little to no measurements in this recipe to allow you to adjust according to your wants. One bag of chips and one to 1 1/2 pounds of steak can typically feed 3 to 4 people. The type of steak used for the nachos is up to you. I prefer a more spendy cut, filet mignon. Use whatever fits your budget and preference. Remember, the steak will need to be pre-cooked. I prefer a medium-rare to medium doneness because the thinly sliced pieces of cooked steak will go into the oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes with the nachos.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs grilled steak, cooked to medium-rare to medium doneness
- blue tortilla chips
- gouda cheese, shredded
- shredded mozzarella
- yellow onion, diced
- red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the cooked steak into thin slices. Set aside.
- On a rimmed sheet pan or a cast iron skillet, add one layer of tortilla chips. Top with gouda, mozzarella, steak, onions, red bell pepper and tomatoes. Repeat this step one to two times depending on how many layers of nachos are desired. Be sure to be generous with the cheese.
- Place the nachos in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and top with crumbled blue cheese. Serve immediately.